After 3 years of work, sorting, video editing, reviewing, scanning, re scanning, touching up photos, the whole fucking project is almost done. After having a shitty holiday and just staying home to work vs being invited over for left overs at my brothers house, I was able to get a lot of stuff done. The new WeatherPaparazzi.com will soon be up and running.
It was the day before thanksgiving and the lakes were still open...
I did a solo scuba dive in Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis this morning.
The water temp at 40 feet was 40 degrees. The temp at the surface was 43 degrees.
The two piece 5mm wet suit, hood and gloves kept me warm until I had to do the 2 minute safety stop at 15 feet and could feel the start of hypothermia.
After thinking I was done with all the scanning, I was not. When I sat down to start reviewing the scans today, I found some huge streaks in some of the images. It was nothing on the image itself but the film touching the glass base of the scanner. I tried to fix it but it is not happening. So I came up with an idea. I have a bunch of old Pakon plastice slide mounts for the E6 I used to develop by hand. So I'm cutting the C41 negs and putting them into slide mounts to try and flatten them out to scan them clean.
Ok, the Pakon trick worked perfect to fix the scanning. It has flattened the negs out to the point where they scan perfect. The down side, I have to rescan the stuff and that will take some time. But at least it looks cool.